Board Meeting Highlights
Holy Family Board of Trustees met for its monthly public meeting on November 24, 2021. Key points to note are:
- Michael and Sacred Heart school administrators gave an update on the development of their Hockey Academy.
- A special project related to grade 8 students at Athol Murray College of Notre Dame and St. Augustine School was celebrated.
- The Board held its annual organizational meeting with Bruno Tuchscherer remaining on as Board Chair and Karen Melle as Board Vice Chair.
- An update of the SCSBA AGM was presented. Bruno Tuchscherer is Vice-Chair of the SCSBA for another year. The Director updated trustees on a joint project on reconciliation that is moving forward.
- The Director surfaced a request that has come from the Archdiocese to participate in a Synod on Synodality (see more information here). Future actions will be addressed at the December Board meeting.
- The Ministry is in the process of developing a 10-year education plan for student outcomes. The Board reviewed an opportunity for Board chairs and trustees to provide input. The Director will communicate further information to the SSBA.
- The Board reviewed its feedback on the last retreat that was held.
- There Board approved the audited financial statements for 2020-21, the 2020-21 annual report and the 2022-23 Athol Murray College of Notre Dame agreement.
- Information was shared on:
- School faith retreats
- Education week
- System Leadership day (Nov 29, 2021)
- The next meeting for the Board of Trustees will be on December 15, 2021.