Early Childhood Interventionist Program (ECIP)
Posting #: 2019-003
Office Location: St. Mary’s School, Estevan, SK
Service Location: Holy Family School Division
Posted: Sep 5, 2018 Posting Closes: Open until filled
Start Date: October 1, 2018
Wage/Hours: To Be Negotiated Contact: Lisa 306-842-9414
The preferred candidate would possess the following attributes:
- Post-secondary education in a field related to family support or early childhood development, or equivalent:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development or
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, or Developmental Psychology, or
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood
- One or more years successful experience working with at risk children and their families.
- Knowledge of early childhood development and age appropriate interventions and supports.
- Ability to work with families (and other professionals, where appropriate) to develop a written Family Service Plan that reflects the child’s needs based on screenings and assessments and goals as identified by the family.
- Ability to schedule and attend regular visits with the family to assist in planning and implementing activities in order to meet the goals.
- Ability to model successful learning activities for family members, reinforce positive interaction with the child, and provide information about various aspects of child development and Early Learning community programs and services.
- Ability to prepare and distribute regular written progress reports, in a timely manner.
- Ability to assist in transition to the school system or other community program.
- The preferred candidate will be enthusiastic, organized and a motivated team player possessing a strong knowledge of current early learning educational trends.
- Familiarity and understanding of the practices of the Roman Catholic Faith
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license and be willing to travel
- Recent (within 6 months) Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check upon employment
How to Apply: All resumes will be accepted until position is filled
Please submit a cover letter (indicating posting #), resume and three (3) references to:
Human Resources, Holy Family R.C.S.S.D. No. 140
103 433 4th Street NE Weyburn SK S4H 0Y8
Holy Family thanks all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Holy Family reserves the right to contact any or all references of current and/or most recent employers.