Board Meeting Highlights – February 14th, 2018
- Ratification of LINC (Local Collective Bargaining Agreement) contract. Holy Family is please to report that its teachers and Holy Family Board have come to a new three-year agreement after one day of negotiations.
- Weyburn Police Chief, Marlo Pritchard discussed the partnership the Weyburn police has with Holy Family in several areas of student safety.
- Holy Family will host the SCSBA (Saskatchewan Catholic School Board Association) AGM in Weyburn on October 26 & 27, 2018.
- Holy Family was selected to present at the National Congress on Rural Education in Canada which will be held March 25 – 27, 2018 in Saskatoon. Holy Family will present on “Our Community of 21st Century Learning: Innovating Deeper Learning PATHWAYS in Rural Saskatchewan”.
- The Board was updated in the progress of the provincial ESSP (Education Sector Strategic Plan) and Holy Family’s place in it.
- Staff Appreciation Week is February 11-16. The Board reviewed activities related to celebrating staff in the division.
- The next Board meeting will be on March 14. Note that the Board agreed to change the date of the April 11th meeting to April 23.