Board Meeting Highlights
April 23, 2018
- The planning committee for the SCSBA AGM reviewed the elements of the AGM to be held at McKenna Hall in Weyburn on October 26-27, 2018.
- Board Chair and Director gave highlights on the recent SSBA Spring Assembly. The Child Advocate gave an excellent presentation on child advocacy. The voice of students was heard through student representation from Boards.
- The impact of the provincial budget on Holy Family was discussed. While some increased funding is helpful, Holy Family is still behind.
- The CFO presented the details of how Holy Family continues to be LEAN efficient.
- Trustees will be presenting in local parish churches during Catholic Education Week (May 6-13).
- Highlights from the Teacher Liaison meeting (April 23) were shared with the Board.
- Holy Family staff presented leadership direction on DEEP LEARNING at a world conference.
- The Board supported administrations direction to finance a long term plan in student transportation.
- Next meeting May 16, 2018