Building a Province for Tomorrow
As we close the doors of our school at the ending of the 2016-17 school year, we leave with a deep pride in our student successes!! 2016-17 was a year of significant distractions; we have successfully stepped forward amidst all the challenges presented!
I’m deeply grateful that we were able to find time to go “deeper” in student learning in global competencies. Our actions were faith filled and hopeful. Peace and time out!
Next year we start off in community with:
- Archbishop Don Bolen opening mass and key note.
- Mike Newham, Inquiry expert, opening system keynote supporting inquiry and deep learning.
- A co-convention on relationships and critical conversations
- The third year of “Deep Learning” for schools with technology upgrades and learning plans.
- Strong relationships with staff as we approach negotiations with both teachers and SEIU.
- Strong networks with outside groups e.g. NPDL, C21, University of Regina, Sun West School Division, and University of Saskatoon.
- A focus on “increased voice of students” to help promote deeper student engagement and deeper learning.
We may not know what our future holds
We know the God who does!
God Bless! Peace!