Board Meeting Highlights
June 17, 2020
- 4 Seasons of Reconciliation is an online set of modules purchased for use by trustees, students and staff. The key features of this professional development were reviewed for trustee consideration.
- The Director reviewed developments from other Catholic divisions related to virtual opening masses and professional development.
- The opening mass for Holy Family will be on August 25, 2020 and will be virtual, details and link will be available at a later date.
- The Holy Family School Opening 2020-21 Document was discussed. Two key priorities are to keep all members of Holy Family safe and to provide the best education possible given the directives that must be followed from health and government. Once the provincial directives are processed the complete details of Holy Family fall opening will be shared with staff and parents.
- The current Ministry plan related to provincial push targets (ESSP) will remain in place for all of next year. A newly developed plan to replace the existing ESSP will be under construction during the fall of 2020 for planned implementation for fall 2021. Adjustments to rating our provincial outcomes for this spring have been processed with the Board.
- The 2020-21 system strategic plan was approved by the Board.
- Approvals were given for the 2020-21 budget and PMR plan for the division.
- The Board was made aware of current staff lists, summer emergency contacts and summer facility work.
- Trustees expressed their sincere appreciation to staff and parents for their care and hard work given during these COVID times. Feedback from our people is recognized and valued as next year is processed.